Kids who suffer from either attention deficit and Hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or attention deficit disorder (ADD) can give parents a rough time trying to do all they can to help them recover. Both ADHD and ADD both mean the same with the latter being formerly used. As much as both kids and adults can suffer this disease, kids seem to be more prone since their brain is still developing. This guide will help any person to understand these conditions and how to deal with them.
A guide to ADHD and ADD in children
Understanding ADHD and ADD
Kids are fond of forgetting things, and parents guardians or teachers have to keep on reminding then. However, ADHD can be noticed if the kid has not completely lost the attentiveness for a long time and never concentrates. One could mistake such kids noisemakers, trouble makers and even bad kids who do not want to work. Unknown to many, such kids are most likely suffering from ADHD.
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms differ from kid to kid. There are many factors which come into play for symptoms to show. However, the common ones include the following;
- Hyperactive or silence – it could be on both extremes. Some kids will be so playful and make trouble always while others will just stay quietly and away from people.
- Extreme focus or loss of focus – It is not normal for any kid to focus on on one thing for too long and neither is it always to shift focus whenever they are required to. Such extremes are signs that the kid needs professional observations
- Both signs – in rare cases one kid may shop both quietness and other times shifting focus and always not attentive.
Solutions for ADHD in kids
No parent would like to watch their kids go through these conditions as they directly affect the kids future. Losing the education foundation at this early age is not acceptable. One can use the following solutions;
- Using essential oils – when bought from an expert, essential oils for ADHD can be very helpful. They come in different types and are extracted from natural herbs and plants. They help to soothe the brain and contain a nutrient that boosts memory loss. Buying this from an expert will add great value to the kid’s health
- Using a professional counselor – frequent sessions at professional experts specialized in these disorders will help to tackle the problem at an early age.